The destination that is the epitome of a desert island paradise, Mauritius is a phenomenal island bordered by white sandy beaches that look as though they’ve been pulled out of a postcard. Mauritius is not only a beach lover’s dream, but it offers a mass of cultural and historical sights. Active guests will also be kept happy here, as its dramatic natural landscapes provide the perfect setting for some exciting activities and exploration.
Which Resort is Right for you?
Synonymous with luxury and opulence, Mauritius boasts some of the world’s most stunning resorts and hotels.
- Set along the sugary sands of Le Morne Beach, the Dinarobin Hotel Golf and Spa is a tranquil haven where you can relax, unwind and be pampered. Boasting a spa, a huge outdoor pool and a sauna, the hotel provides the ideal setting for an indulgent holiday.
- The striking Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel sits in the heart of Port Louis, looking out over the Indian Ocean. Found in a striking Empire style building, this luxurious hotel boasts opulent interiors, a stylish spa and a lovely outdoor swimming pool.
There is a beach to suit everyone in Mauritius, from secluded coves for intimate strolls along the shoreline to long stretches of golden sands and warm waters perfect for diving and waterskiing. Families can head to La Preneuse for more shallow waters and a quieter atmosphere, ideal if you have young children, while couples would prefer La Cuvette for a more secluded and relaxed beach.
Top 5 Attractions in Mauritius
- A phenomenal sight awaits you at the Tamarin Falls, which sits at the end of a challenging hike from the Tamari Reservoir. This spectacular sight consists of seven water falls, which tumble into a pool that you can bathe in.
- Delve into the history of the island whilst on holiday in Mauritius and visit the National History Museum. Found in a striking colonial mansion, this museum has some intriguing exhibitions of ancient artefacts.
- Active visitors will love scaling Lion Mountain, whose peak sits around half a day's hike away and affords panoramic views across the island.
- Said to be one of the best botanical gardens in the world, the Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Gardens are a must see sight for any visitor to Mauritius. Stretching across 37 hectares, this impressive attraction is not only home to native plants and flowers, but an old replica sugar mill, some fish, tortoises and deer.
- Step back in time at the Domaine Les Pailles, which was once an ancient sugar mill. Nowadays the estate has been transformed into a theme park, where you can ride in a horse drawn carriage, take a trip on the miniature railway, or enjoy a tour around a rum distillery.
Book with Confidence on lastminute.com
If you decide to book your holiday to Mauritius with lastminute.com, not only can you choose each element of your stay to suit your needs, but you will also be dealing with the experts in travel. You can also book safe in the knowledge that we are fully protected.
Call us on 0800 083 6000
Get in touch if you need help with your booking.
All our Flight + Hotel packages are ATOL protected.
Price Match Guarantee
Book a hotel or city break (Flight + Hotel) with us, and if you find the same product cheaper within 24 hours we’ll give you the difference.