Information about The General Tarleton Hotel
An old coaching inn with contemporary comforts, The General Tarleton is in the pretty village of Ferrensby, close to both York and Harrogate. Set in some of Yorkshire’s loveliest scenery you will find relaxed comfort, delicious food and fine wines, but above all, it is the team of friendly, helpful staff who will make all the difference to your stay. The hotel is almost exactly midway between London and Edinburgh and only 5 km from the A1, making it the ideal place in which to break a long journey with an overnight stay or just a quick pit-stop.
Restaurant is closed from Mon 24 Jan 2022 until Mon 07 Feb 2022 Bar is closed from Mon 24 Jan 2022 until Mon 07 Feb 2022 Please note that dinner reservations are recommended on Saturday nights.
Services of The General Tarleton Hotel
- Free parking
- Non-smoking rooms
- Non-smoking throughout
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Face masks for guests available
- Snack bar
- Kid meals
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- Cashless payment available
- Invoice provided
- Packed lunches
- Internet services
- Parking on site
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
- CCTV in common areas
- WiFi available in all areas
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
- Private parking
- Fire extinguishers
- Luggage storage
- Smoke alarms
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Access to health care professionals
- All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized
- First aid kit available
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- CCTV outside property
- Children television networks
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
Similar hotels to Knaresborough
In a stunning part of North Yorkshire, Goldsborough Hall is a stately manor that was once the home of Princess Mary, the aunt of Queen Elizabeth ll. Although our accommodation is offered on a room only basis, 3 AA Rosette gourmet dining and full Yorkshire breakfast are available at an additional cost. Some of the main hall suites have a Jacobean hand-carved four-poster bed, as well as an ivory leather chesterfield sofa, 50-inch plasma-screen TV, an iPod docking station and a private bathroom with a spa bath and a wireless controlled monsoon shower. Goldsborough Hall offers a grand setting that reflects its long and important history. Free WiFi is accessible throughout. Surrounded by beautiful grounds, with unspoilt views over parkland, the 400-year-old manor is 11 km from Harrogate. Goldsborough Hall is ideal for a relaxed, romantic getaway.
Frequently asked questions
Why should I buy my travel on lastminute.com?We sell over 284,000 hotel bookings per year online to our customers since 1998, being one of the firsts in the sector.
What services can I add to my booking?During the booking process you will be offered all the services you can add:
- Our support packs
- Our service Check-in NoProblem
- Additional luggage
- Car rental
- Parking at the airport
At what time can I have my room? And what time do I have to leave?Check-in and check-out times vary according to the property. However, the schedules are usually as follows:
- Hours of arrival ( check-in ) from 14:00.
- Departure times ( check-out ) at 11:00.
What is the price match guarantee?If you book a hotel or city break (Flight + Hotel/ Eurostar + Hotel) on lastminute.com and you find the same product or package for less on another website within 24 hours of booking, we'll give you the difference! Subject to terms & conditions.
More hotels near to Knaresborough
per night from £94Estimated price based on searches in the last month
per night from £85Estimated price based on searches in the last month
Other hotel options
per night from £99Estimated price based on searches in the last month