Information about Hotel Rothorn
Hotel Rothorn is located in the small mountain village Schwanden in the Lake Thun Region, 1000 metres above sea level. It offers traditional rooms with private bathrooms and free access to WiFi. The Rothorn’s restaurant serves excellent regional dishes in the rustic dining room. In nice weather guests can enjoy their meals on the spacious, sunny terrace, overlooking the Bernese Alps. Jazz concerts take place at the property on a regular basis. A ski storage room is at guests’ disposal and ski equipment can be rented on site. Schwanden bus station is only 100 metres away from the hotel. Guests can explore Lake Thun which can be reached within a 10-minute drive. The city Thun can be reached within 12 km and Interlaken within 15 km. Free private parking is provided at Rothorn Hotel and motorbikes are welcome.
Please inform Hotel Rothorn in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation. Please note that in order to reach the property, you have to drive up a narrow mountain street. Please note that the rooms are located on upper floors, and there is no lift. Please note that the reception is closed on Mondays. The keys to the room will be kept in the specially designated key box. When arriving on this day, please contact the property in advance for further instructions. Please also note that the restaurant is closed on Mondays. Please note that the hotel features a DCC payment terminal for credit cards. Guests can thus choose to pay in their own currency.
Services of Hotel Rothorn
- First aid kit available
- Food waste policy in place that includes education, food waste prevention, reduction, recycling, and disposal
- Guests have the option to reuse towels
- Wild (non-domesticated) animals are not displayed/interacted with while captive on the property or harvested, consumed, or sold.
- ATM/cash machine on site
- Have you removed, or never offered, all plastic bottles for other drinks?
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Parking on site
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
- Ski school
- BBQ facilities
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Tours and activities organized by local guides and businesses offered
- Recycling bins are available to guests and waste is recycled
- Daily housekeeping
- Live music/performance
- Family rooms
- Walking tours
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Compensate for at least 10% of total annual carbon emissions by purchasing certified carbon offsets
- Fire extinguishers
- Ski storage
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- Designated smoking area
- Property is cleaned by professional cleaning companies
- Sun terrace
- At least 80% of lighting uses energy-efficient LED bulbs
- Non-smoking throughout
- Have you removed, or never offered, all plastic water bottles?
- Physical distancing in dining areas
- 100% renewable electricity is used throughout the property
- Invoice provided
- Tour or class about local culture
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Have you removed, or never offered, all plastic cups?
- Bike tours
- Pets allowed
- Face masks for guests available
- Provide guests with information regarding local ecosystems, heritage and culture, as well as visitor etiquette
- Dry cleaning
- Free WiFi
- At least 80% of food is sourced from your region
- Kid meals
- Tour desk
- Internet services
- Cashless payment available
- Children's playground
- Kids' outdoor play equipment
- Non-smoking rooms
- Guests can opt-out of daily cleaning service
- Have you removed, or never offered, all plastic cutlery and tableware?
Frequently asked questions
Why should I buy my travel on lastminute.com?We sell over 284,000 hotel bookings per year online to our customers since 1998, being one of the firsts in the sector.
What services can I add to my booking?During the booking process you will be offered all the services you can add:
- Our support packs
- Our service Check-in NoProblem
- Additional luggage
- Car rental
- Parking at the airport
At what time can I have my room? And what time do I have to leave?Check-in and check-out times vary according to the property. However, the schedules are usually as follows:
- Hours of arrival ( check-in ) from 14:00.
- Departure times ( check-out ) at 11:00.