Holidays to Sintra
A destination that getaway escapes are made of, Sintra is a beautiful countryside retreat set along the Lisbon coast. Sitting amongst a leafy countryside landscape, the town is home to a grand royal palace, a UNESCO listed historic centre, and a wealth of ancient architectural gems. Whether you want to soak up the years of tradition and culture, are yearning to take slow strolls along the scenic surrounds, or you’re looking for adventurous outdoor activities, a holiday to Sintra is everything you want it to be.
Which resort is right for you?
From luxurious laid back resorts to grand historical retreats, Sintra and its countryside hide some phenomenal places to stay.
Indulge in some pampering at the Pestana Sintra Golf Resort & Spa, which sits on the outskirts of the sleepy town. Boasting elegant interiors, a dreamy spa and an on site golf course, this hotel is the place to sit back and unwind.
A magnificent setting waits at the Tivoli Palacio Seteais Sintra, which enjoys a setting within an opulent palace from the 18th century. Nestled amongst the mountains, the hotel sits on spectacular grounds of romantic gardens and hides some enchanting interiors that will make you feel as though you have stepped into a fairytale.
Top 5 attractions in Sintra
- Soaring above the town sits the mesmerising Palacio National de Pena, a dreamy castle constructed in the 19th century. One of the Seven Wonders of Portugal, this striking attraction has sherbet coloured towers, Moorish archways and domed turrets.
- Settled next to the famous castle is the leafy Pena Park, which stretches across over 200 hectares. Hiding some striking viewpoints of the palace, and a wealth of plants, flowers and trees, this park is ideal for nature lovers and those who just want to relax in a beautiful setting.
- Dating back to the 9th century, the Castelo dos Mouros is the skeleton remains of what was once a grand Moorish castle. This intriguing site sits towering above the town, snaking across the hillsides and offering phenomenal views from its towers.
- Children both big and small will love a trip to the Museu do Brinquedo, Sintra’s Toy Museum. With more than 20 thousand toys, this captivating collection ranges from vintage Barbies to Egyptian playthings.
- You can spot some artistic gems in the Museu de Arte Moderna, which hosts ever changing exhibitions that span across the modern art movement. This impressive collection features works from infamous artists such as Lichtenstein, Hockney and Warhol.
Book with confidence on lastminute.com
If you decide to book your holiday to Sintra with lastminute.com, you can choose every element of your stay to suit you and your needs.