The Grinning Man tickets
Trafalgar Studio 1
★★★★ ‘Blackly comic brilliance.’ Daily Telegraph
including all fees
The Grinning Man | London
Following its hugely successful premiere at Bristol Old Vic where it received nightly standing ovations, the critically acclaimed new musical The Grinning Man transfers to the West End for a limited season only.
From Tony Award-winning director Tom Morris (War Horse), Kneehigh writer Carl Grose and featuring “an outstanding score” (Sunday Times) by Tim Phillips and Marc Teitler, The Grinning Man is a magical reimagining of the classic novel by Victor Hugo (Les Misérables).
A strange new act has arrived at the fairground. Who is Grinpayne and how did he get his hideous smile? Paraded as a freak, then celebrated as a star, only the love of a sightless girl can reveal his terrible secret.
Set in a fantastical world created by designer Jon Bausor (Bat Out of Hell), and brought to life with the visually stunning puppetry of Gyre & Gimble, the original War Horse puppeteers, The Grinning Man invites you to be seduced by the darkness from 6 December.
The Grinning Man reviews
'Burstingly fresh, a riot with a heart. An audacious gem of rare quality.'
'Defies theatrical convention by keeping its hand on its heart and its tongue in its cheek.'
'Weird and wonderful, a dark delight.'
The Grinning Man - Booking information
- Your tickets will be held for you to collect at the venue's box office 1hr prior to the time of your selected performance.
- We advise you to collect your tickets around 30 minutes before the performance start time to avoid long queues. Please remember to bring along your confirmation email as proof of purchase.
- This theatre is very strict on the exchange and cancellation of tickets.
- Please ensure that all of your details are correct before making the booking, as mistakes cannot always be rectified later.
Got any questions about your booking? Hopefully you will find the answer in our frequently asked questions section.
The Grinning Man - Event information
- Running time: 2 hours and 50 minutes
- Is there an interval? Yes, a 20 minutes interval
- Is there a dress code? No
- Age recommendation: Ages 12+. Contains dark subject matter with some scenes of a sexual nature, violence and swearing.
14 Whitehall, Westminster, London
- Undergrounds: Charing Cross, Embankment
- Buses: to Whitehall: 3, 11 ,24 ,87 ,88 ,159; to Cockspur St 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 15, 88, 453
- Car parks: Trafalgar
- Please contact the venue directly for information about disabled access (P: 0844 871 7632)
Why book with us?
- Your tickets are protected
Buy secure tickets from an authorised retailer
- Last minute availability
Get tickets on the day, collect at the venue
- Best online prices
Save up to 60% with our deals
- Call us anytime
Our customer support lines are open 24/7