Our Top 10 Most Fashionable Activities not to Miss this London Fashion Week
With such an exciting summer, you may have been dreading the autumn hangover ahead – allay those fears now. Strutting into its 27th year, London Fashion Week is back this September with more shows, designers and fashionable events than ever before. Running from Friday 14th to Wednesday 18th September, London Fashion Week is followed by Vodafone London Fashion Weekend from Thursday 19th to Sunday 23rd – a shopper’s paradise with designers selling their wares, catwalk shows, workshops and more from the super-stylish Somerset House. As one of the four main fashion hubs in the world (along with Milan, New York and Paris) Londonwill be showing off its glamorous side with events happening all over the capital. But with so much going on, how do you decide where to go first? Well, to help you along here’s our top 10 most fashionable activities not to miss this London Fashion Week.
- First thing’s first; Pick up your copy of the ‘Little Black Book’ from London Fashion Week venue Somerset House – it’s got everything you need for a fashionable week including listings of all the shows, the designers and the sales.
- Head to ‘Rock Vault’ the jewellery arm of the London Fashion Week exhibition. This year’s ‘Rock Vault Dozen’ presents 12 hand-picked jewellers who have been tasked to create a ring with up to an ounce of Palladium, a rare, gorgeous silvery-white precious metal.
- Enjoy the high life at the Official Hotel for London Fashion Week and Vodafone London Fashion Weekend, The May Fair. The hotel has a special Fashion Week Treats package if you’re staying over or pop in to the May Fair Bar to try one of the Designer Cocktail Collection – specially created tipples by designers such as Antoni & Alison, Alice by Temperley, Mark Fast and more. Keep your eyes peeled for celebrity sightings!
- Can’t make it to London? There’s no need to miss out when you can watch all the latest action online via LFW TV with catwalk streams, trend reports and the latest news.
- Running at the same time as London Fashion Week, the London Design Festival is at the heart of design, innovation and creativity with artists flocking to London from all over the world. This year London-based designer Keiichi Matsuda will be presenting her fascinating ‘Prism’ design installation at the V&A and Trafalgar Square will play host to the BE OPEN sound portal – an installation showcasing audio artists to celebrate the festival’s 10th anniversary.
- After opening their newly refurbished Fashion Galleries, the V&A museum in South Kensington is celebrating with a stunning exhibition ‘Ballgowns: British Glamour Since 1950’. Pop in to view over sixty spectacular gowns from an array of international designers including dresses worn by Elizabeth Hurley, Princess Diana, Sandra Bullock and the Queen Mother, to name a few.
- Get your notebook ready and head to a Trend Show at Vodafone’s London Fashion Weekend – with a variety of designers in one show, you can get up to speed with all the looks for this Autumn/Winter 2012 before hitting the shops.
- Hit the town in style with Vogue Fashion’s Night Out. By using their interactive map you can find free drinks, free gifts, find out where you can see designer appearances, new product launches and more. All you need to decide now is what to wear!
- No London Fashion Week would be complete without a trip to Oxford Street. With over a mile of shops and stores, you’re sure to find the perfect outfit and with a bit of planning you can find a bargain. West End VIP has fantastic shopping vouchers and deals so you can get the best out of your visit.
- Be a Fashion VIP at Vodafone’s London Fashion Weekend with their most sought after ticket. It may be a bit pricey but it’s worth it; Front row seats at the shows, canapés and bubbly from Michelin-star chef Tom Atkins, a luxury goodie bag, access to the VIP lounge and more – the ultimate guide to becoming the most stylish version of you, darling!
All that shopping and being glamorous is thirsty work – luckily you can recover at Nova Bar in Marble Arch (part of the stylish boutique Radisson Blu Edwardian London hotels), one of our favourite bars on Oxford Street. Located just behind Selfridges, Nova is a quiet haven where you can rest your weary legs.