Don't Forget Your Passport - Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is operated by Last Minute Network Limited (the “Promoter” or “lastminute.com”) at 77 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8JS.
2. There is a total of 7 prizes available which comprises the following: (1) one night’s stay for 2 people in a standard double room (including breakfast) at either the L’Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe or the Novotel Paris les Halles (decided in lastminute.com’s sole discretion) on Friday 14 February 2014; (2) two standard class return tickets on the Eurostar from London St Pancras International to Paris Gare Du Nord, departing on 14 February 2014 at the following times: 17:31 (first winning couple); 18:01 (second/third winning couples); 19:01 (fourth/fifth winning couples); and 20:01 (sixth/seventh winning couples), returning on Saturday 15 February 2014 from Paris Gare Du Nord at 20:13, arriving at London St Pancras International at 21:39; and (3) a glass of champagne each (up to £20 in total) at the St Pancras Grand Champagne Bar before the Eurostar departure (the “Prize”).
3. The Prize excludes all additional costs not included in the prize description, including but not limited to, transfers, insurance, and personal expenses such as food and drink.
4. The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable, and non-refundable with no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value without notice.
5. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. Eurostar’s terms and conditions and the hotel’s terms and conditions shall also apply to the Prize.
6. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) who are aged 18 years and over. The competition is not open to employees (and their families) of lastminute.com, its agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competition.
7. Entrants must have a passport which: (a) allows them to travel to Paris, France without a visa; and (b) has no restrictions. The Promoter reserves the right to require entrants to prove their eligibility and award the prize to another entrant should they be found ineligible.
8. The competition runs between 15:30 and 17:45 (GMT) on 14 February 2014 (the “Competition Period”). No entries before or after these times will be accepted. There will be 4 rounds (each a “Round”) for entrants to compete in during the Competition Period.
9. Entrants must be present at London St Pancras International station with their nominated partner to participate and sign a consent form agreeing to these terms and conditions, and selecting which Round(s) they wish to participate in.
10. Entrants must be present around the lastminute.com plinth at time specified below for each Round, and kiss on the lastminute.com plinth when prompted. The crowd will be prompted to clap in response to each kiss.
11. The winning couples will be selected by an independent judge (the “Judge”) based on the popularity of the kiss and announced at the specified times below for each Round.
- Round 1 is open for entry between 15:30 and 16:15.
- Entrants participating in Round 1 must be present around the lastminute.com plinth between 15:50 and 16:10.
- One winning couple will be selected by the Judge at approximately 16:15.
- Round 2 is open for entry between 16:25 and 16:45.
- Entrants participating in Round 2 must be present around the lastminute.com plinth at 16:25 and 16:40.
- Two winning couples will be selected by the Judge at approximately 16:45.
- Round 3 is open for entry between 16:55 and 17:30.
- Entrants participating in Round 3 must be present around the lastminute.com plinth at 16:50 and 17:30.
- Two winning couples will be selected by the Judge at approximately 18:15.
- Round 4 is open for entry between 17:45 and 18:20.
- Entrants participating in Round 4 must be present around the lastminute.com plinth at 17:45 and 18:20.
- Two winning couples will be selected by the Judge at approximately 18:25.
Claiming the Prize
12. Winning couples must check-in for the Eurostar at least 45 minutes before departure. The Prize will be refused to winners who arrive late for check-in or do not have valid passports with them. Travel dates and times are strictly set; if you cannot travel on this date and at this time, the winner must forgo the prize and another winner will be drawn.
14. By entering, the winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity that the Promoter may require. Entrants agree that the Promoter may use their name and image in connection with the competition, including on www.lastminute.com and on social media channels.
15. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter owns all copyright in any photos or video taken on the day and may publish and re-distribute any photos or video footage on any and all mediums, including without limitation on www.lastminute.com and on the Promoter’s social media channels. Entrants confirm the unconditional and irrevocable waiver of all moral rights to which you may be entitled under any legislation now existing or in future enacted in any part of the world in respect of the Photos.