South Goa Travel Information
Holidays to South Goa
Sitting in the lower area of India’s state of Goa, South Goa is a diverse and captivating place to spend your holiday, whether your holiday dreams consist of soaking up the sun on the soft coastal sands, or immersing yourself in the culture of the area’s bustling city or lively towns. There are also some unique sights that will please even the most seasoned traveller here, from spice plantations and animal sanctuaries, to quaint fishing villages and dolphin spotting areas.
Which Resort is Right for you?
A holiday in South Goa gives visitors the chance to soak up the local culture and relax on the beaches, and we have the ideal resorts for doing just that.
- Set amongst a 45 acre landscape of beautiful gardens, the Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa is the ideal retreat for a relaxing break. The hotel sits along the beach, and boasts a cinema, spa, outdoor swimming pool, water slides and a children’s club.
- The Kenilworth Beach Resort & Spa sits in a striking position looking out over the Arabian Sea. Guests can take their time to relax here, whether it’s beside the pool, in the spa, at the Palms Restaurant or at the swim up bar.
- The coastline of South Goa is sprinkled with stunning beaches, none more so than Uttorda Beach, which stretches across deserted miles of soft, pale sands. Here you can laze on the beach in peace, with the crystal clear, bright waters of the ocean just calling to be paddled in.
- If you’re looking for a more bustling sandy spot, you can head to Palolem, which is South Goa’s most loved beach resort. The shores are lined with restaurants and hotels, and there is a lively atmosphere to be enjoyed at night.
- Animal lovers will appreciate a trip to the Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, which is the second largest in the state. Here you can see animals in their natural habitats, by following hiking trails and viewing the local residents from the 25 metre high tower.
- You can enjoy a cultural stay in Margao, Goa’s second largest city. This busy destination is filled with colonial Portuguese buildings and intriguing attractions.
- The area is filled with spice farms, and one of the best to visit is the Tropical Spice Farm. Here you can embark on a tour of the plantation, try some local Indian cuisine at the buffet lunch and can even opt for an elephant ride.
- Travel somewhere different and enjoy a cultural holiday in South Goa.
- Take a look at our great offers on South Goa holidays today.
Top 5 Attractions in South Goa
South Goa is home to some beautiful natural sights, from its local plantations to its paradise-like beaches.
Book with Confidence on lastminute.com
When you decide to reserve your holiday to South Goa with lastminute.com you can benefit from the flexibility that comes with choosing every element of your package yourselves. Furthermore, not only are we experts in travel, but we are fully protected.
Call us on 0800 083 6000
Get in touch if you need help with your booking.