Holidays to Boa Vista
With endless white sands sprinkled with swaying palms and lunging dunes, Boa Vista is Cape Verde’s shimmering island getaway. Being the closest of the islands to the mainland of Africa, it is known for its stunning marine life, with a crystal clear ocean hiding some beautiful underwater sights. Relaxing days can be followed by laid back evenings on Boa Vista; the truly tranquil beach escape.
Which hotel is right for you?
Whether you want to sleep in luxury to the sound of the waves lapping at the bay, or stay in a rugged, traditional beach hut, there’s the ideal place just waiting in Boa Vista.
- Indulgent pampering awaits you at the Clubhotel Riu Karamboa, which boasts a wellness centre offering massages, beauty treatments and time in the sauna and Jacuzzi. You need never get bored with a rich offering of entertainment, from beach volleyball and kayaking to diving lessons in the pool.
- Sitting just moments from the beach is the Iberostar Club Hotel Boa Vista, the ideal family destination with a mini club and a games room to keep little ones entertained. Adults can treat themselves to some relaxation in the hotel’s spa, or feel the soft warmth of the sun on the terrace by the outdoor swimming pool.
Top attractions in Boa Vista
From laid back towns to outdoor activities and cultural encounters, Boa Vista offers an untouched version of a striking Caribbean escape.You can spy one of Boa Vista’s most enchanting sights from July to September, as the loggerhead turtles arrive by moonlight to lay their eggs in the sand. If you’re lucky enough to visit at the end of the season, you can spot hundreds of newly hatched babies taking their first tentative steps into the sea.
- Sal Rei is the island’s cultural hub; a bustling but relaxed village filled with cobbled streets, pastel painted buildings and sites such as the S.Roque Church and the ceramic factory.
- With 55 kilometres of glistening white beaches, the coast of Boa Vista is ideal for quad biking. This mode of transport is perfect for discovering uninhabited beaches and silent bays.
- The bright turquoise waters that lap at the coast of the island are crystal clear, so they’re ideal for snorkeling and scuba diving. With visibility often exceeding 35 metres, you will be captured by the sight of exotic fish, vibrant corals and intriguing shipwrecks.
- This island is covered in sand, with many buildings lost due to its swallowing blankets. The Brick Factory is a fascinating attraction, with only its tall chimney visible as it pokes through the dunes that have consumed almost its entire structure.
Book with confidence on lastminute.com
If you decide to enjoy a beach holiday to Boa Vista with lastminute.com not only can you benefit from our expert, friendly service, but you can also access a range of travel tips to make your stay even more memorable. We are fully protected.