World Airline Awards 2014: Austrian Airlines is the European Service Champion
* First place in the category "Best Airline Staff Service in Europe"
* Austrian Airlines boasts Europe's best Business Class seat
* Ranked fifth globally once again with respect to Business Class Catering
* Austrian Airlines among the top 5 airlines in Europe
Austrian Airlines once again achieved top rankings in the renowned Skytrax - World Airline Awards 2014: In particular, the Austrian Airlines service on the ground and in the air was rewarded with a first place rating in the category "Best Airline Staff Service in Europe". In addition, Austrian Airlines was selected as one of the five best airlines in Europe. Austria's national carrier improved in comparison to last year's results, moving up one notch in the rankings from 6th to 5th place in Europe.
In addition to the recognition for its service, Austrian Airlines also sets standards for the Business Class sector: Austrian Airlines was rated sixth in the category "Best Business Class Seats" worldwide and 5th once again in the category "Best Business Class Catering". This means that Austrian Airlines offers the best Business Class seat of all European airlines. The results once again show that the aircraft cabins as well as the culinary selection on board featuring its world class dishes, the Viennese coffee house service and the chefs on board all rank among the best in the world. Austrian Airlines also scored points with regard to the cleanliness of its aircraft cabins, ranking 10th among all airlines in the world in the category "Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness".
"I am very proud of our team, and would like to take this opportunity to thank our colleagues on the ground and in the air for their outstanding performance", says Jaan Albrecht, CEO of Austrian Airlines. "The excellent results of our Business Class also show that we offer our customers an absolute top quality product in this segment".
The World Airline Awards
The World Airline Awards are considered to be the global standard for outstanding performance in the airline industry. The awards are not bestowed by a jury but are based on the results of the world's largest customer survey in the airline industry, which is carried out on an annual basis by the opinion researcher Skytrax. In excess of 18 million passengers from more than 160 countries are asked to evaluate around 200 airlines.
All detailed results of the World Airlines Awards can be found on this link
Specialist to Central and Eastern Europe
* Thanks to its geographical location at the heart of Europe, the hub at Vienna International Airport is the ideal gateway, allowing the quickest travel time between East and West.
* Minimum connection time in Vienna is just 25minutes, allowing quick and convenient flight transfers.
* Our Central and Eastern European route network currently includes more than 40 destinations and cover the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Vienna: 4 times daily with Austrian Airlines*
Austrian Airlines offer four daily flights between London Heathrow and the Austrian capital, Vienna.
* Fully exclusive fares
* First flight leaves Heathrow 6.00 am, last flight back arrive Heathrow 22.45pm
* Austrian hospitality, DO& CO catering on board
* Quick onwards connections to extensive Eastern European Network
* Summer timetable
Flying in Economy Class: all inclusive service
Enjoy our award winning service and the Austrian hospitality the moment you step on board:
* Generous luggage allowance
* Complimentary drinks, snacks and meals onboard
* Online check-in: mobile and online
* Pre-flight seat selection
* Attentive and friendly service
* Extensive route network and 25 minute connection in Vienna
* Austrian Airlines is part of the Lufthansa Group, Europe's largest airline group and a member of the Star Alliance.