🔦 Spotlight of the Week - No booking fee
including all fees
Dreamgirls | London
Thirty-five years after the groundbreaking original Broadway production, this UK and West End premiere of the sensational and iconic Tony Award®-winning musical Dreamgirls is now playing at the Savoy Theatre, London.
Dreamgirls transports you to a revolutionary time in American music history and charts the tumultuous journey of a young female singing trio from Chicago, Illinois called ‘The Dreams’. They learn the hard lesson that show business is as tough as it is fabulous.
Set in 1960’s America, the show tells the semi-autobiographical tale of the girl group as they attempt to make it in the music industry. The girls meet Curtis Taylor, a former used car salesman, who becomes their manager and helps the band become successful. Things threaten to fall apart, however, when Curtis tries to replace lead singer Effie with her friend.
Dreamgirls song list
Songs from Dreamgirls include And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going, I Am Changing, Listen and One Night Only. This much-anticipated new production is directed and choreographed by the hugely successful, Tony® and Olivier award-winning Casey Nicholaw (The Book of Mormon, Aladdin, Something Rotten!) and Amber Riley (Glee) plays Effie White.
Don't just take our word for it...
'A show with tremendous gusto of soul and gaiety of spirit.'
'A fantastic ride on the showbiz rollercoaster.'
'Amber Riley is the undoubted star of this dazzling show.'
'A dream of a show.'
Dreamgirls - Booking information
- Your tickets will be held for you to collect at the venue's box office 1hr prior to the time of your selected performance.
- We advise you to collect your tickets around 30 minutes before the performance start time to avoid long queues. Please remember to bring along your confirmation email as proof of purchase.
- This theatre is very strict on the exchange and cancellation of tickets.
- Please ensure that all of your details are correct before making the booking, as mistakes cannot always be rectified later.
- Amber Riley will not be performing on these dates: Sept - 26th, 27th, October - 13th, 14th, 17th
- Amber Riley is currently scheduled to play the role of Effie White for 5 out of 8 performances per week. On 3 out of 8 performances per week, currently scheduled on Monday evenings, Wednesday matinees and Saturday matinees, the role of Effie White will be played by either Marisha Wallace or Karen Mav.
Got any questions about your Theatre booking? Hopefully you will find the answer in our frequently asked questions section.
Dreamgirls - Event information
- Running time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Is there an interval? Yes, a 20 minutes interval
- Is there a dress code? No
- Age recommendation: Ages 7+. Children under 3 years of age will not be admitted