cat on a hot tin roof tickets
Cat On A Hot Tin Roof | London
The truth hurts.
On a steamy night in Mississippi, a Southern family gather at their cotton plantation to celebrate Big Daddy’s birthday. The scorching heat is almost as oppressive as the lies they tell. Brick and Maggie dance round the secrets and sexual tensions that threaten to destroy their marriage. With the future of the family at stake, which version of the truth is real – and which will win out?
Tennessee Williams, who wrote Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, is one of the Americas most famous playwrights, his acclaimed story has been revived numerous times on Broadway and in London's West End. It first opened on Broadway at the Morosco Theater in 1955, starring Barbara Bel Geddes, Ben Gazzara and Burl Ives and won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. The play premiered in London the same year at the Comedy Theatre (now Harold Pinter) and was revived in 2001 at The Lyric Theatre starring Brendan Fraser and Frances O’Connor.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof cast
Sienna Miller stars as Maggie alongside Jack O’Connell as Brick and Colm Meaney as Big Daddy. A return to the stage for director Benedict Andrews following his smash hit production of A Streetcar Named Desire. Tennessee Williams’ searing, poetic story of a family’s fight for survival is a modern masterpiece. Costumes are by Alice Babidge, design by Magda Willi, and lighting by Jon Clark.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof reviews
'A bold reimagining…innovative and powerfully acted with Sienna Miller and Jack O’Connell on powerful and moving form.'
The Sunday Times
'Sienna Miller gets right to the heart of Maggie. Jack O’Connell impressively weaves between withdrawal and outbursts of violence.'
The Financial Times
'Miller and O’Connell get to a raw and naked truth.'
'A brilliant, lacerating account of the play… unforgettable.'
cat on a hot tin roof - Booking information
- Your tickets will be held for you to collect at the venue's box office 1hr prior to the time of your selected performance.
- We advise you to collect your tickets around 30 minutes before the performance start time to avoid long queues. Please remember to bring along your confirmation email as proof of purchase.
- This theatre is very strict on the exchange and cancellation of tickets.
- Please ensure that all of your details are correct before making the booking, as mistakes cannot always be rectified later.
Got any questions about your booking? Hopefully you will find the answer in our frequently asked questions section.
cat on a hot tin roof - Event information
- Running time: 2 hours and 45 minutes
- Is there an interval? Yes, a 20 minutes interval
- Is there a dress code? No
- Age recommendation: Ages 15+.
Why book with us?
- Your tickets are protected
Buy secure tickets from an authorised retailer
- Last minute availability
Get tickets on the day, collect at the venue
- Best online prices
Save up to 60% with our deals
- Call us anytime
Our customer support lines are open 24/7